Wednesday 27 June 2012

Weed Another Day

Apparently it has been the wettest June for years with the result our garden has sprung into life.  The Day of the Triffids comes to mind! 


Whilst I was waiting for my sterling silver findings etc to work harden and finish in the tumbler (like a tumble dryer, but Barbie size), I decided the garden was in need of some serious attention.  We had sown wild flower seeds (childrens mix) to add a spash of colour.


Just for a moment I had a stroll down memory lane. Do you remember when you were a kid and you would pick the dandelions when they had their fairy heads on and blow them whilst making a wish and then wonder why your parents or the neighbours would get annoyed?

Now I understood why - the flower patch had morphed  into a dandi meadow, with fairy heads in every nook and cranny.


My little weeding job was now turning into a major piece of work. But it would seem luck was on my side and low and behold it started to rain AGAIN!

I couldn't resist taking a quick photo though, before heading back indoors. Little pesky weeds, but they are kind of pretty.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to leave a comment, or just say hi. It would be great to hear from you.

Haldis x